The Right Blend of Support and Independence
Assisted Living in North Manchester, Indiana
Find assisted living near you in the neighborhood known as The James B. Peabody Inn for Assisted Living. Residents in our assisted living community can live as independently as they please knowing someone is always nearby to help with activities of daily living such as grooming and medication management.
Our one and two bedroom assisted living suites are designed to offer a comfortable and gracious lifestyle without the burden of home maintenance. With numerous common areas and outdoor courtyards for social events and relaxation, residents feel right at home in our assisted living community, knowing just a short walk down the hall leads you to activities, friends and the Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center. With our convenient location in North Manchester, The James B. Peabody Inn for Assisted Living also offers the security of area hospitals located just minutes away. Click here to view a map of the area.
The South House
Another option for those needing extra support are the residential apartment homes of The South House. Here, residents enjoy a variety of health benefits from a range of services and amenities and have access to all that Peabody Retirement Community has to offer. Private studio and one bedroom apartments are available.
Peabody Retirement Community offers Medicaid services for seniors in the North Manchester, Indiana area. Our community has Medicaid beds available at both the South House and for long-term care and memory care in the Health Center.
Each James B. Peabody Inn for Assisted Living suite includes the following senior living amenities for a comfortable lifestyle:
- Age-friendly features making it easy to work appliances and open cabinets, windows and doors
- Built-in kitchenettes in each suite with storage, sink, microwave and mini-fridge
- Large pocket doors separating living room, bedroom and bathroom
- Wired for internet
- Individual heating and central air conditioning controls
- Mini-blind window treatments
- Carpeting/floor coverings
- Large walk-in closets off bedroom
- Full private bathrooms with walk-in shower and plenty of storage
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system
- 24-hour emergency call system
Campus Amenities include:
- Intimate, restaurant-style dining for nutritious, delicious meals
- Coffee nooks, sun porches, solariums and lobbies for relaxed seating
- State-of-the-art Billie Jean Strauss Wellness Center
- Spas with whirlpool baths and salon services
- Peabody Memorial Chapel
- Unique Gift Shop and Peabody Bistro/convenience store
- Marion McKay Walley Library
- Aviaries housing more than 35 exotic birds
Along with a variety of amenities, Peabody Retirement Community offers the following senior living services:
- Three restaurant-style meals per day
- Individual care plans
- Membership to the Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center
- Recreational, social and spiritual programs
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Nursing services: blood pressure check, monthly weight checks
- Support and counseling, including pastoral care
- Access to all campus senior living amenities
- Personal funds management
- Priority access to skilled nursing, rehabilitation services, and healthcare services on-site.
- Transportation for local medical appointments
- Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center membership
Senior Living services available for an additional fee:
- Transportation for out of town medical appointments
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Rehabilitation services (generally covered by Medicare)
- Nursing services: medication management, various treatments
- Beauty salon and barber shop services
- Guest meals
- Overnight guest accommodations
- Personal care and specialized nursing supplies
The Aid Attendance Pension is offered from the VA to Veterans and their surviving spouses. Peabody Retirement Community is proud to accept various senior living benefits for veterans and participates in the VA’s Aid and Attendance in our Assisted Living.
Should you have any questions concerning your veterans benefits, or your parent’s benefits, and assisted living costs, feel free to contact the staff at Peabody. We can help you. Call us at 260-578-3219.
Care for your loved one, and a break for you
Find quality respite care near you in North Manchester with Peabody’s Respite Stay Program. We offer short-stay support for your loved one in need of help with activities of daily living or a higher level of care provided in skilled nursing. Within the comfortable surroundings of The Inn at Peabody, your loved one will feel at home in a fully furnished private suite with private bath, enjoy delicious chef-prepared dining and experience individualized care and attention-all while getting to know new friends.
The Respite Stay is a great way for everyone to relax and rejuvenate. Call Angie Woolard at (260) 578-3219 for more information on our respite care services or to schedule a visit.