Aquatic therapy using the HydroWorx® Aquatic Pool is available to senior residents of Peabody and those undergoing senior rehabilitation at the facility, whether as inpatients or outpatients. This advanced water therapy pool integrates the therapeutic qualities of water with features like therapy jets, an underwater treadmill, and a deep tissue massage system to offer significant benefits to individuals participating in our short-term rehabilitation program.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Aqua therapy has been utilized for centuries to address a range of health issues, including chronic pain and circulation problems. Our team of aquatic therapy experts, in conjunction with the HydroWorx® pool, can provide relief for conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, joint sprains, orthopedic surgeries, neuromuscular conditions, and general pain.
Furthermore, aquatic therapy offers numerous advantages for senior and older adult individuals:
- Performing exercises in water is more manageable due to buoyancy, which relieves weight and promotes relaxation.
- The warmth of the water promotes muscle relaxation, inhibits pain receptors, and reduces pressure on injured areas.
- It diminishes muscle spasms and alleviates pain.
- Warm water’s hydrostatic pressure naturally reduces inflammation and enhances circulation.
- It enhances functional capability.
- It improves balance and strength.
- Water resistance provides significantly more resistance than land-based exercises.
- The underwater treadmill can easily accommodate patients at various stages of rehabilitation.