Aquatic Therapy for Seniors With Hydroworx® Therapy Pool
Peabody residents and those undergoing inpatient or outpatient senior rehabilitation at Peabody have access to one of the most innovative water therapy pools in the area: the HydroWorx® Aquatic Pool.
This state-of-the-art water therapy pool combines the healing properties of water with the powerful therapy jets, underwater treadmill and deep tissue massage system to provide advanced results for our individuals in our short-term rehabilitation program.
What Conditions Can Aqua Therapy Help Treat?
For thousands of years, hydrotherapy has been used as a method of treating conditions from chronic pain to circulation issues. Our team of aquatic therapy professionals, coupled with our HydroWorx pool, offer relief from the following conditions:
- Joint Sprains & Replacements
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Neuromuscular Conditions
- General Pain
What Are the Benefits of Aqua Therapy for Seniors?
Additionally, a few of the many benefits of aquatic therapy for seniors and older adults include:
- Exercises are easier to perform in water due to water buoyancy, weight relief and relaxation.
- Warm water allows muscles to relax, blocks pain receptors and decreases compression on injured parts
- Reduces muscle spasms & pain
- Accelerates healing
- The hydrostatic pressure of warm water naturally decreases inflammation and increases circulation.
- Improves functional ability
- Increases balance & strength
- The resistance of water provides up to 200 times more resistance than land.
- The underwater treadmill can easily accommodate patients at varying rehab levels.
Senior Rehabilitation Services at Peabody
Contact us today to learn more about senior rehabilitation services at Peabody Retirement Community, (260) 982-0808.