Resident and employee health and well-being are top priority at Peabody Retirement Community. For the most up-to-date information on our current policies and for further response and preparedness measures implemented nationally by our management company, LCS, Click Here. For Coronavirus vaccination information specific to Indiana, please visit IN.gov.
Because there’s no place like home, Peabody helps people get there faster.
The 30-Day Transition Program at Peabody’s Health Center redefines the typical approach to post-rehabilitative care. This unique program is designed to provide comprehensive follow-up after a short-term rehabilitative stay by implementing a customized plan that includes home visits by a Transitional Care Nurse in addition to ongoing contact via telephone during the 30-day period after discharge.
To ensure a smooth transition from rehab to home and achieve the most successful outcomes possible, the 30-Day Transition Program provides:
• Verification of medication and orders for discharge with physicians
• Timely and consistent follow-up with primary care physicians, physician specialists, and home healthcare providers
• Transitional Care Nurse home visits that include physical assessments and recordings of vital signs and weight
• Assurance that physician orders are being followed correctly within the home setting
The program offers support for family members or caregivers as well, delivering personalized plans that include:
• Education to empower as much independence in managing personal health
• Support and education for family or caregivers, both before and after the Peabody’s Rehab to Home Program
• Initiation of direct readmission to Peabody if indicated by a health professional