Resident and employee health and well-being are top priority at Peabody Retirement Community. For the most up-to-date information on our current policies and for further response and preparedness measures implemented nationally by our management company, LCS, Click Here. For Coronavirus vaccination information specific to Indiana, please visit IN.gov.
At Peabody Retirement Community, we understand that deciding to sell your home can be a very difficult thing to do. However, if you’re in your retirement years and having trouble paying your monthly expenses, struggling to keep up with household maintenance or realizing you have a lot of empty, unused spaces in your home, it may be time to sell your home.
The thought of selling your house might seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t actually have to be stressful. In fact, we’ve put together a few tips and pieces of advice to ease the process and help you successfully move into the next chapter of your life.
Have you put off selling your home because you just don’t know where to start? Read these helpful tips to get you started on the home-selling process:
1. Declutter Your Home. Decluttering your home is the first step to successfully selling your home. You’ll want to organize and sort through your belongings to determine what you will keep with you when you move and what will be eliminated.
2. Invest in Minor Home Repairs. Chances are your home might require some minor repairs that need fixed or updated before you list it on the market. People that are looking to buy a home are commonly looking for move-in ready locations. By investing in minor repairs and fixing up your home a bit, you can increase its value and make it more appealing overall to potential buyers.
3. Create a Plan & Stay Organized. Create a home selling plan for yourself and stick to it. There are a lot of different tasks you will need to complete in order to prepare your house for sale. You may feel overwhelmed at first, but by making a detailed plan you can alleviate the stress of the tasks and make them more manageable.
4. Find a Real Estate Agent. There are specific real estate agents that specialize in working with seniors who are selling their homes. You don’t necessarily need a specialist, but it might help to work with someone who understands your needs and situation.
5. Be Patient with Yourself. Make sure you are patient with yourself throughout the entire home selling process and that you don’t overly stress yourself out. Come up with a realistic plan and timeline for getting your house ready to sell and take the appropriate amount of time needed to do it right. Cut yourself some slack and focus on each part of the process while you make progress toward your home-selling goal.
If you’re still looking for home selling advice and additional tips on how to get started on the process, you can tune into our upcoming webinar series hosted by Moving Station.
To learn more about helpful home selling tips, attend the “Can I Really Sell My Home Today-Safely?” webinar hosted by nationally renowned Moving Station on Thursday, July 2nd at 1:00pm.
Jennifer Hornacek, an expert in senior relocation with more than 20 years of experience and a passion for assisting seniors, will be the guest speaker. To register for this specific webinar, please call Sydney at 260-982-0806 or visit our website.
Peabody is pleased to offer Moving Station webinar events throughout the month of July. For more details and to register, please visit our website.
Once you sell your home, that means you’re ready to begin the next exciting chapter of your life. At Peabody Retirement Community, we offer you an independent senior living option that provides you the opportunity to live your most independent lifestyle with services and amenities available if and when you need them.
In our independent living community, you will have the option to experience amenities and features like restaurant-style dining, housekeeping and personal services, scheduled transportation and so much more. Contact us today at 260-201-2701 to learn more about what your life could be like when you join our independent living community.