Do You Need In-Patient Rehabilitation?
Following an illness, injury or surgery, you want to get back to your independent lifestyle as soon as possible. As you heal, you may find that you not only need to take part in a comprehensive therapy program, but you also need some assistance with activities of daily life like bathing or dressing. Participating in the proper rehabilitation program is key to improving your strength, mobility, and balance and restoring your abilities to the fullest potential.
What is In-Patient Rehabilitation?
Doctors commonly recommend in-patient rehabilitation for seniors and older adults to ensure a quicker recovery. In-patient rehab centers offer a mix of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech or language therapy in a homelike environment that allows patients to thrive. The goal is not only to help you recover, but also to create a safe, individualized treatment plan that increases your independence when you return home.
Some of the conditions in-patient rehabilitation is often recommended for include:
- Joint replacement
- Orthopedic or musculoskeletal injury, such as a hip fracture or other broken bone
- Arthritis of the spine or other joints
- Brain injury or neurological conditions
The Benefits In-Patient Rehab Centers Offer for Proper Recovery
In-patient rehabilitation can make life easier for you as you go through the recovery process. A few of the benefits of receiving treatment at an in-patient rehab center include:
- Comprehensive treatment programs in one convenient, safe location. Traveling to and from an outpatient center can be difficult and dangerous, especially if the risk of re-injury is involved. In-patient rehab centers offer treatment in a residential-style setting, making it comfortable and safe for recovering.
- Around-the-clock care from a professional team. The staff at an in-patient rehab center is specially-trained in physical, occupational or speech therapy, with additional medical staff available around-the-clock. This ensures all patients are provided the comprehensive care and motivation needed to heal faster.
- Close supervision throughout treatment. Unlike undergoing therapy through an outpatient program, in-patient therapy patients have a very structured day with close supervision from the team that involves the necessary therapies to get you back to an independent lifestyle. There will be time devoted to both addressing any ongoing issues and performing therapy to build up your strength and skills.
- Daily services and amenities for a comfortable recovery. In addition to high-quality treatment programs, you’ll also have access to a variety of services and amenities to ensure a comfortable stay as you recover. For instance, patients enjoy three meals a day, can participate in social activities, and relax at the end of the day in fully furnished, private suites.
- Transition to home and recover sooner. Because your sole purpose in an in-patient rehab center is to focus on your recovery, this more intensive option can lead you down the road to a quicker recovery than if you were receiving outpatient therapy.
Innovative In-Patient Rehabilitation Services at Peabody Retirement Community
Peabody’s Rehab to Home program gets you back to health and life quickly, and our goal is to allow you to live life on your own terms. Our experienced team offers physical, occupational, speech and aquatic therapy services seven days a week, focused on restoring health to both older adults and seniors alike. For more information about our inpatient rehabilitation center, please contact us today by calling (260) 982-8616.