The Right Blend of Support and Independence
In the neighborhood known as The James B. Peabody Inn for Assisted Living, residents can live as independently as they please knowing someone is always nearby to help with activities of daily living such as grooming and medication management.
Our one and two bedroom suites are designed to offer comfortable and gracious living with numerous common areas and outdoor courtyards for social activities and relaxation. A short walk down the hall leads you to activities, friends and the Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center. Area hospitals are located just minutes away click here for a map.
The South House
Another option for those needing extra support are the residential apartment homes of The South House. Here, residents enjoy a range of services and amenities and have access to all that Peabody Retirement Community has to offer. Private studio and one bedroom apartments are available.
Peabody Retirement Community has Medicaid beds available at both the South House and for long-term care in the Health Center.
Each James B. Peabody Inn for Assisted Living suite includes:
- Age-friendly features making it easy to work appliances and open cabinets, windows and doors
- Wired for internet
- Individual heating and central air conditioning controls
- Mini-blind window treatments
- Carpeting/floor coverings
- Full bathrooms with walk-in shower
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Three restaurant-style meals per day
- Individual care plans
- Membership to the Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center
- Recreational, social and spiritual programs
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Nursing services: blood pressure check, monthly weight checks
- Support and counseling, including pastoral care
- Access to all campus amenities
- Personal funds management
- Priority access to skilled nursing, rehabilitation services, and healthcare services on-site.
- Transportation for local medical appointments
- Billie Jane Strauss Wellness Center membership
Available for an additional fee:
- Transportation for out of town medical appointments
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Rehabilitation services (generally covered by Medicare)
- Nursing services: medication management, various treatments
- Beauty salon and barber shop services
- Guest meals
- Overnight guest accommodations
- Personal care and specialized nursing supplies
The Aid Attendance Pension is offered from the VA to Veterans and their surviving spouses. Peabody Retirement Community participates in the VA’s Aid and Attendance in our Assisted Living.
Should you have any questions concerning your benefits, or your parent’s benefits, feel free to contact the staff at Peabody. We can help you. Call us at 260-578-3219.
Care for your loved one, and a break for you
The Respite Stay Program offers short-stay support for your loved one, who may need help with the activities of daily living, or the services of skilled nursing. Within the comfortable surroundings of The Inn at Peabody, your loved one will feel at home in a fully furnished private suite with private bath, enjoy delicious chef-prepared dining and experience individualized care and attention-all while getting to know new friends.
The Respite Stay is a great way for everyone to relax and rejuvenate. Call Angie Woolard at (260) 578-3219 for more information or to schedule a visit.